Sunday, July 22, 2007

dedication

I have finally started to dedicate myself to one thing. I've started reading trade publications, rss feeding this stuff, and also changed my homepage.

It's something that requires a lot of guts I think. To finally step away from all that you are doing and claim what you want to do for a living. Even if you know that you're not good at it.

But as one great creative director here at JWT told me the other day -

"the worst creator is always better than the best critic"

the ideas that we bring forward, 8 out of 10 of them might suck - but those two that you present might be the beginning of something intangible, unspeakable, and it might affect those around you in ways that you'd never know. that's the power of ideas - some might work, others might not. but it's about resilience and continuing the process, not stopping from testing the waters and ultimately, not letting your ego get the best of you.

it's a long road ahead, hell.. i have yet to even show other people my work here - but we all learned to crawl first before we ran.

(i am going to go save a whale now)

bassam

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home