Wednesday, December 20, 2006

getting ready - TDC

[bismillah..]

The Texas Dawah Conference is starting this Friday - Our Muslim Students' Association at UT is putting on the largest display that's probably going to be there - We are doing the History of Muslims in Texas project which MIGHT be kind of interesting. I dunno - I havent seen the final printed version yet because being Bassam - I have a thing for procrastinating..

So that's that - and then I have to get ready to go to Pakistan on the 25th. Well, I will be in New York for two days which I am pretty excited about. I think I will finally be able to visit my old elementary school and all the other areas near where I used to live.

Ahh.. childhood - I miss them good ole days. But in a way, I'm happy they are over. It was really hard sometimes, I'm not going to lie. Being one of the only few brown kids - My brother and I were on the bottom of the "race hierarchy" which sucked. The most common phrase I heard whenever I'd walk down a street was ... "GANDHI ASS MOTHA FUCKA" ..

.......

life is beautiful.


- but we move forward in different ways and end up following some dream and somewhere along the way we find love/debt/sex/food/liquor or whatever the hell satisfies us

I started facebooking a lot of my old friends from my old elementary school. I found a lot of them, it's crazy where everyone is now a days.


salaamtak
bassam