Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the pakistan trip

[bismillah]

I was in Pakistan for about two and a half weeks during the Christmas Break.
How was it? I really don't know. There was a lot that happened and a lot of the culture
was totally new to me.

During the arrival at the Jinnah Airport, I remember sitting there wondering that these are "my people". This is what makes me who I am. Cos after all..I'm "pakistani" eh?

But after the whole experience I really wonder where the hell I fit in within this mix. I don't think
there was a single time where I didn't feel like a tourist in Pakistan except... just maybe when I was sleeping.

It sometimes makes you wonder. When I was a kid in New York, I never really knew where I fitted in. I was never white enough for the white kids nor black enough for the blacks. The hispanic's had their language that binded them and I was left alone trying to meddle my way in.

things like these aren't supposed to change. all we can do is find our own community and expand from there...or we can just ponder on how cool it would be if we were white.

anyway without further banter - lets just add some of the best photos from the trip.






















more to come. i haven't taken out the photos from my camera yet. yikes.

salaamtak



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home